Blog-Archiv

Mittwoch, 13. Juli 2016

Pressekonferenz München zu "Eddie the Eagle"

Press Conference Munich



On March 21,2016 at the ‪‎Munich‬ press conference for ‪‎EddieTheEagle‬ I asked ‪‎HughJackman‬ how far someone should go in order to realize his dreams - if one should even take the risk of getting killed or seriously injoured - and if Bronson Peary was actually helping Eddie or himself. Here is what Hugh said:

"I'm slightly nervous that a few people will watch this movie and just go onto a ski jump the next day. That's why I remind people that Eddie has broken his back and almost every bone in his body! ... But you know ... I think the message of the movie really is: whatever it is that you love to do - just do it, and actually the result doesn't matter! Doesn't actually matter if you make a living out it. For me as an actor, I was doing amateur musicals and amteur plays. I did them at school, I just loved it, I never really thought it'd be a profession, that sort of just happened. But if that had not happened, I probably would still be down the road at the local playhouse, 'cause it's something I enjoyed. ... It's a reminder: do the thing you love, even if it's uncool, even if it's crazy - but have a good think about it if it could kill you!

And good question about... I think, Bronson Peary is someone who had it all in terms of talent and opportunity. He was some sort of protégé in the time, and the literal opposite in some ways of Eddie, who had all the heart and the determination, the perseverance. He came to it late, I had everything laid out before me and sort of blew it. And this is in a a way his second chance. And I do love this part of the story of two friends, who are in many ways complete opposites, who are completely honest with each other, because in a way they have nothing to lose, and they bring out the best in each other."

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen